The New Normal: Evolving the Global Supply Chain with the Power of Data and Technology
Authors: QProducts & Services Digital Team, Under the Direction of Paul Yadron
The global supply chain is evolving at a quick pace due to the current global situation. The power of data is being leveraged more, delivery models are changing, and tracking and tracing is needed now more than ever. How can supply chains keep up with this change?
The Cold Chain Council, hosted by QProducts & Services, is hosting their very first webinar this summer, The New Normal: Evolving the Global Supply Chain with the Power of Data and Technology. Industry-leading speakers will provide insight and discussion about current changes and developments happening in the world of cold chain supply logistics.
What is Cold Chain Council?
Cold Chain Council began three years ago to gather top talent from all phases of the cold chain – including manufacturers, retail, distribution, and logistics partners – to share their perspectives on existing challenges and best practices. An intimate afternoon of networking and expert panel discussion was created as a non-conference and thought leadership event.
The goal of the Cold Chain Council for the food and beverage market as well as the pharma and chemical industries is to present and discuss topics from different cold chain segments within the global supply chain.
Today, two events are hosted: one for the food and beverage industry and another for the pharmaceutical and chemical industries. Each event features a full day of workshops and a limited number of attendees to ensure that Cold Chain Council is an intimate, collaborative experience every year. Taking place over an afternoon to accommodate busy schedules, topics cover current cold chain challenges so that attendees leave with a fresh perspective and actionable solutions.
Previous Cold Chain Council Events
Cold Chain Council for the food and beverage industries is hosted by QProducts and Services. Presentations and panels feature industry professionals discussing topics from different cold chain segments in both the food and beverage industries.
In previous events, we have had industry expert speakers including but not limited to the following:
- Lara Sowinski, Editorial Director, Food Logistics Magazine
- Kieran Murphy, R&D Technical Manager, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Matt Lancor, Founder, Kombuchade
Cold Chain Council for the pharma and chemical industries is also hosted by QProducts and Services. Experts share their knowledge in tackling challenges affecting your transportation network. Presentations and panels also feature industry professionals discussing topics from different cold chain segments in both pharma and chemical industries. This forum setting is designed to be interactive and intimate.
Previous event speakers for the pharma and chemical industries have included, but not limited to, the following:
- Amy Shortman, Director of Product Marketing, Overhaul
- Mark Russo, SVP, Weather Operations, Riskpulse
- David Ulrich, QA Director, Global Supply Chain Compliance, Abbvie
Cold Chain Council Webinar Speakers
Our industry-leading speakers will provide insight and discussion about current changes and developments happening in the world of cold chain supply logistics.
Our speakers include:
- Don Durm, a 25-year veteran of PLM Trailer Leasing and Vice President of Customer Solutions. He is a recognized industry expert on cold chain transport application, regulatory compliance, and the application of technology for a smarter food safety system. He has been recognized three times as one of the rock stars of the supply chain by Food Logistics Magazine due to his work on supply chain efficiencies, regulatory compliance, and the deployment of blockchain in the food supply chain. A gifted and sought out speaker and writer on cold chain supply challenges, he is one of the authors of the internationally accepted IRTA Refrigerated Best Practices Guide distributed by the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) to help the industry meet the compliance for the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Amy Shortman, a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Transport and Logistics, has 20 plus years of experience within pharmaceutical logistics. During this time, she has worked within operations and commercial roles while keeping her passion for creating supply chains that ensure product integrity is maintained throughout. Amy has worked within the air, sea, and road arena, and has extensive experience setting up secure supply chains for high-value freight and temperature-sensitive freight. Her penultimate role before joining Overhaul was with ASC Associates, in which Amy established in 2011 as a global supply chain business services company that specializes in the areas of temperature-sensitive, high-value products. She has been facilitating and training for over 12 years and is an IATA external facilitator for CEIV Pharma.
Cold Chain Council Webinar Details and Registration
We invite you to join us on Tuesday, June 23rd, at 11 AM CST as our speakers share examples and insight into how a new evolution of the supply chain is being forged under the pressure of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Learn about using the power of data to gain insight into every aspect of a transportation network, a matrix of shifts and changes in delivery models, tracking and tracing supply chain disruptions and what the future holds for the global supply chain as we navigate our way through the storm driven by SARS-CoV-2. Click here to register for the webinar. We look forward to your attendance!